Thursday, April 1, 2010

Family Ties

My family ties have gotten stronger and stronger as I get older and move farther away from home. And because of that, I have missed my family intensely since I moved out to Colorado. But then I get to be thankful for things like Spring Break and cars and good highways that bring my family out to visit me!

My mom, dad and sister (we missed you brohan!!!) were out here this past Saturday through Wednesday and it was so awesome to have them visit. We got to do a couple of touristy things (Rocky Mountain National Park, Estes Park, Celestial Seasonings factory, Boulder) but the best part was that we just got to hang out. It was so nice to be able to spend time with people that know me well. I don't have to worry about what they think about me because I know they love me no matter how weird or crazy I am. :) In all honesty, if I don't learn anything else about myself and life from being out in CO (which I definitely have), I will forever be thankful for the reminder of how important my family is in my life. And I will work very hard to remind myself of that feeling when I end up having to move back in with my parents after I'm done with grad school. :)

1 comment: