Wednesday, March 17, 2010

random ramblings

I am officially in the midst of SB '10 and I'm not having a completely terrible time! I think the only reason I'm looking forward to being done with Spring Break is that we only have 6 weeks of classes left in this semester and I am quite ready for this semester to be over. (I suppose you could also say that I'm kind of (read: VERY!) excited to have my parents and sister here at the end of next week!) But with the rate things have been going around here, I will blink and it will be the middle of the summer.

Because I don't really have much else right now, here is a list of random things.
1. After years of being lame and wavy, my hair is now curly (with some effort and lots of gel).
2. New pet peeve: Greeley drivers. Especially the ones who feel the need to ride the brakes as they approach a GREEN light. Especially when I'm driving behind them on my way to school. Late, of course.
3. I have a design for a tattoo and a potential spot picked out. Now I just have to decide if I can afford it and/or if I'm just going to wuss out. Maybe I'll get it with brohan when he gets back from the big sandbox?
4. I'm not very good at living by myself so I do my best to keep myself entertained. It's a good thing there aren't hidden cameras in my apartment because you would all think I was nuts. (Seriously, I accidentally turned my recorder on one day. NOT pretty.)
5. I just signed up for my first 5k. Here's hoping I don't make a fool out of myself. Who knows, maybe this will be my first step towards running a marathon someday. (Ha!)
6. I succeeded in getting burned today while laying by a closed pool in 70+ degree weather. Thursday night and Friday it is supposed to snow. I'm gonna go ahead and say that Greeley weather is more temperamental than Michigan weather.
7. I have already read 6 books so far this week. It was kind of surprising, even to me, how badly I missed reading for pleasure, getting to immerse myself in a world that is not my own for a little bit. I wish it could be Spring Break every week so I can continue that tradition.

1 comment:

  1. I warned you about that weather! I always scoffed when Michiganders--bless them--said they had crazy weather. Ha!

    Expect snow in late April/May.

    ReplyDelete