Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Generosity

Just recently, I was the subject of what I would consider kind of a random act of kindness. A friend did for me literally one of the nicest things anyone has ever done for me before. I was shocked to the point of almost saying no because I could not fathom the enormity of his gesture. But my friend is kind of the deepest parts of his soul and refused to let me say no. So I didn't and it has given me so much joy. And made me think a lot as well. There's a part of me that is jealous because I wish I was able to be that generous for others. Which got me thinking even more. What does it mean to be generous? Does it have to be some grand gesture or can you be generous on a small scale? Does generosity have to involve something material or can it involve some other area, like emotions? My hope for myself is that I will be able to find ways to be generous to others on the smaller scale and look forward to when I have opportunities to be generous on a much larger scale! And just because I feel like making you all think about it too...what is something generous that you have done for someone or has been done for you in the past?

No comments:

Post a Comment