Sunday, March 7, 2010

so close i can almost taste it! SB '10

And so the countdown begins. Starting tomorrow I have:
5 days
11 classes - 11 hours - 660 minutes
3 clients - 6 therapy sessions - 3.5 hours
1 diagnostic - 2 hours + several hours writing a report
3 midterm meetings
2 thesis meetings
plus homework and sleep.


Boy am I soooo ready for Friday at about 1pm. I don't anticipate that my SB will be all that exciting (especially compared to the last two), mostly because I will be sticking around Greeley, trying to get ahead on homework and sleep. But the time off is beyond necessary. It will be wonderful to have the days all to myself, to actually get to be outside in the sunshine instead of stuck inside all day long, getting to do whatever I want. :) All I need to do is survive the aforementioned (isn't that the weirdest word??). 

I'm hoping to do some mini day trips around Greeley, Boulder, Ft. Collins, etc., see some movies, definitely read some books. Speaking of books, I would love some suggestions for good books to sink my teeth into for the week (not that I expect many of you have time to read all that much right now :D). Of course, if any of you want to quick buy a plane ticket and come out to visit me, I won't say no! 


On a completely unrelated note, I went up into the mountains today with a big group of people from my program to go sledding at one of our professor's cabins. Definitely one of the perks of going to school in Colorado! If you ever have the opportunity to sled down a very steep driveway on the side of one of the foothills, I would highly recommend it! I would not recommend, however, creating a train using 3 sleds and 9 people. It doesn't work out that well except for crashing and catching some good air as you ride over the snowbanks on the side. Overall, it was a MUCH needed break from the normal mundane weekends I've been experiencing lately. 

Here's hoping I make it through the week with my sanity still kind of around!

1 comment:

  1. okay...one by mr. charles dickens: a tale of two cities. really good. worth the dense, long-ness of it. also, have you read any gary schmidt books?? read those too. okay, back to homework :)

    ReplyDelete