Thursday, February 25, 2010

::shocked gasp::

...she posted!

My mom keeps bugging me about how I am still "in the midst of chaos". In other words, she thinks it's annoying that I haven't updated my blog in about...3 months. Whoops. BUT, unfortunately (and not all that surprisingly), the label still applies, although in a bit of a different way.

I'm going to back up for a second, though, and go back to my wonderful month off of school. It was probably one of the most amazing months I have had in a long, long time. Not only because I didn't have to worry about school for a whole 31 days but also because it was jam-packed with the people and places I happen to love most in this world.

Because describing that month in detail would require you to sit and read for a verrrry long time (which I know you don't want to do), I will break it down in an easy-to-read list format of the best parts:
     *sleeping in my own bed.
     *driving my parent's new car.
     *hanging out with my fabulous family! (especially my parents and sister, of course)
     *visiting the lou and scoping out Mal's territory in the south (the drive was NOT one of the best parts. Illinois is freaking boring to drive through. good job home state)
     *spending lots and lots of quality time in Michigan, more specifically G-Rap (I even got the shirt!)
     *hanging out with my favorite Green Beret.
     *seeing two of my wonderful friends pledge forever love to two beautiful women.
     *partying at a couple weddings and on New Year's Eve with the greatest group of friends a girl could ask for!
     *going to church again at Ada Bible.
     *sleeping in past 7 am.
Kind of a rag tag list, I know, but it's just a short summary of my month. Despite the fact that I live near the mountains, that month back home really tempted me to skip my flight back to Colorado and just have someone ship my stuff back to the Midwest so I could stay forever. If nothing else, my Christmas break helped me realize that I will forever me a Midwest girl at heart.


Ever since I got back out here, though, time has just been flying by, faster than I ever though it could. We are already finishing up our 7th week of classes and clinic this semester! School has been very different this semester as compared to the fall. I now have 3 clients all on my own and while I'm just barely beginning to feel more competent, it is definitely stressful trying to figure out what in the world I'm doing. I think the biggest frustration of this semester is working out the best way to serve my clients and remembering that I'm still a student at the same time. I'm still in the process of finding the right balance for all of that. (Although, I've never been good with time management or homework so you can all pretty much guess how that whole thing is going.) So, to sum it up, I'm busy. And stressed out. And already ready for the semester to be over.


Thankfully, there are several shining lights in the midst of it all. 1. I love my friends out here. They are just a great encouragement and never fail to make me laugh, which is the perfect thing to make me forget the stress for a quick second. 2. I have been singing with the praise team in my church every once in a while and it is so wonderful. I think I forgot what an escape singing can be for me and to get to help lead my church in worship make it just that much better! 3. A couple of girls from my program and I started a Bible study. We meet once a week and we're doing a Navigator's study on experiencing God in your life. Not only has it drawn me into closer relationships with these girls, it has also brought me closer to God and closer to an understanding of who He is in my life. I come away from Thursday night with such a sense of much needed peace. I honestly don't think I would be surviving the semester without it.


I know that was a lot to read and I appreciate that you stuck with it. :) I had to make up for a three month absence somehow though, right? Hopefully it won't be so long in between posts but, you just never know! :)

2 comments: